1. Types of personal information Offshoot Inc. collects:
1.1 Contact information:
- 1.1.1 When securing customer bookings with clients of the ResurvaTM service;
- 1.1.2 When creating user/customer Resurva accounts;
- 1.1.3 When notifying customers of booking updates/changes; and
1.2 Location information:
- 1.2.1 Pertaining to the client's country, state/province, city, and longitude/latitude coordinates.
1.3 Transaction information:
- 1.3.1 How customers interact with Resurva clients, the options they view, and the path taken to their final booking.
1.4 Financial account information:
- 1.4.1 As needed for clients when creating Resurva accounts;
- 1.4.2 As needed for customers to finalize bookings or reservations; and
- 1.4.3 As needed for customers making purchases through Resurva online store.
1.5 Mobile location information:
- 1.5.1 To determine approximate location of customers' usage.
- 1.1 Contact information:
- 2. Offshoot Inc. does not sell, barter, trade or give away personal information to third parties.
3. Offshoot Inc. stores and maintains personal information in conformity with the requirements of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (the "Act") and the Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information (the "Code") created and approved by the Canadian Standards Association ("CSA").
Offshoot Inc. applies the ten principles of the Code as follows:
3.1 Offshoot Inc. is responsible for the personal information collected and maintained by it and which is under its control. In order to fulfill this responsibility:
- 3.1.1 We have designated an official(s) to be responsible for the day-to-day care and control of personal information;
- 184.108.40.206 developing procedures to protect personal information;
- 220.127.116.11 developing procedures to receive and respond to complaints and inquiries;
- 18.104.22.168 training our staff about our policies and practices respecting personal information; and
- 22.214.171.124 developing and distributing information to our staff and the general public explaining our policies and procedures respecting personal information.
3.2 Offshoot Inc. creates user accounts to manage customer interaction with our online products and services. Upon opening an account, customers will be asked whether or not they wish to receive marketing and other non-critical service-related communications from time to time. However, we may occasionally need to notify all users of the service (whether or not they have opted out as described above) of important announcements regarding the operation of the service.
- 3.2.1 Customers who access Offshoot Inc. products or services online will be subject to interaction with cookies. Cookies are files that your web browser places on your computer's hard drive and are used to tell us whether you have visited the website or application previously. We use a persistent cookie to help save and retrieve usernames used on the Service. We issue a session cookie only to record encrypted authentication information for the duration of a specific session. The session cookie does not include the username or password of the user.
- 3.1 Offshoot Inc. is responsible for the personal information collected and maintained by it and which is under its control. In order to fulfill this responsibility:
4. Offshoot Inc. offers Facebook and Twitter users the ability to log into Resurva using their respective accounts.
- 4.1 If a customer visits a client's Resurva portal while also logged into his/her Facebook or Twitter account, the customer will be allowed to login using personal information derived from Facebook or Twitter.
- 4.2 Resurva only accesses personal information after permission from the customer is granted.
- 4.3 Offshoot Inc. will never post information on a customer‚Äôs Facebook or Twitter account without preauthorized consent from the account holder.
- 5. Offshoot Inc. is committed to openness regarding its collection and use of personal information, as discussed above. To demonstrate this openness, we require the consent of our customers prior to using their personal information for any purpose other than that for which it was originally collected. Similarly, if any individuals wish to be advised of the personal information we have related to them, they can contact us at the address set out below.
- 6. Offshoot Inc. is committed to ensuring that you are aware of how personal information is used. We are dedicated to obtaining the consent of individuals who provide us with their personal information. To this end, all our employees, personnel or agents are instructed to provide information about how personal information is used by us to all interested individuals who inquire, as well as obtain the consent of those who provide their personal information. As well, we may periodically request written confirmation in order to ensure that the personal information collected and maintained by us is up-to-date and accurate. We also may ensure that we have our customers continuing consent to the use and retention of your personal information.
7. Offshoot Inc. will disclose personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- 7.1 conform to obligations imposed by law or statute;
- 7.2 meet an emergency need; and/or
- 7.3 as required pursuant to a criminal investigation.
- 8. Offshoot Inc. restricts the collection of personal information only to that information that is necessary for the limited purposes noted above. We are committed to collecting personal information in a fair, open and lawful manner. For this reason, we do not indiscriminately collect personal information. We collect personal information to fulfill the above-noted purposes only, and for no other purposes.
- 9. Offshoot Inc. does not use personal information for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected, unless it has first obtained the consent of the person from whom such information was received. We retain personal information only for as long as it is needed and only for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was originally collected.
- 10. We are committed to maintaining accurate, complete and up-to-date personal information. If you are aware of changes to the personal information you have given to us, simply inform us of the changes and we will update our records accordingly. You may check and correct your personal information by contacting Offshoot Inc. and the official(s) assigned to oversee the day-to-day care and control of personal information by writing or emailing your request to the address set out below.
- 11. Offshoot Inc. has developed and implemented security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information kept by us. We also ensure that any of our employees who deal with personal information are properly trained and are aware of the necessary and appropriate measures required to protect personal information.
- 12. Any personal information kept by us is disposed of or destroyed once it is no longer needed to meet the purposes for which it was collected.
- 13. Offshoot Inc. makes information about its policies and practices respecting the collection and maintenance of personal information available to all interested parties.
- 14. We are pleased to answer any questions that you may have regarding the collection and maintenance of personal information. Please forward any questions in writing or email to the address set out below.
- 15. You can also request access to your personal information held by us. However, we reserve the right to confirm the identity of the person seeking access to personal information before complying with any access requests. Please forward your access request in writing or email to the address set out below.
- 16. As noted above, Offshoot Inc. has designated an official who is responsible for the day-to-day care and control of personal information. This official will receive and respond to all information requests regarding our privacy policies or about your personal information under our care and control. We investigate all complaints received by us and will respond in writing in a timely manner. If any complaint is found to be justified, then we will take appropriate measures to resolve the matter to the satisfaction of the complainant.
- 18. If, at any time, you have any questions or wish to amend your personal information with us or remove your name from our donor, adherent or mailing lists, simply inform us in writing at the address below or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
67 Mowat # 307